TIME: 1 hr
Quick & Easy
- 4 cups AycoFarms MiniMe® watermelon cubed.
- 1 1/2 cups sliced cucumber seeds removed.
- 2 tablespoons mint thinly sliced or small mint leaves.
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash and clean watermelon and cucumber thoroughly.
- Cut watermelon and cucumbers to desired shapes. (Cubed, Balled, or Diced).
- Place the watermelon, cucumber and mint in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice and salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the melon mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese and enjoy!
How to Pick a Watermelon
Locate the Field Spot – Look for a deep yellow color. If there’s a white field spot or no field spot at all, it likely won’t be good.
Pick a Dull Looking Watermelon – A shiny appearance indicates an under-ripe melon.
Knock on It – Use your finger or hand to knock on it. If this produces a muffled, hollow sound, it is ripe.
Get the Heaviest One for Its Size – This applies to pretty much all produce, but you want to pick the watermelon that is the heaviest one for its size. That means there’s more water in it.
Check for a Uniform Shape – Some watermelons are round, some are oval, and either is fine. But if there are irregular bumps, this indicates the melon may have gotten inconsistent amounts of sun or water.