TIME: 1 hr
- 3 cups diced fresh pineapple (about 1 medium)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup chopped red onion (about ½ small onion)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium jalapeño*, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (from about 1 ½ limes), or more if needed
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- In a medium serving bowl, combine the pineapple, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, and jalapeño. Add the lime juice and salt, and stir to combine.
- Season to taste with additional lime juice (for zing) and/or salt (for more overall flavor) if it doesn’t taste amazing just yet.
- For best flavor, let the salsa rest for 10 minutes or longer before serving. It’s best served fresh but keeps well, chilled, for up to 4 days.