TIME: 1 hr
- 1 bag of Ayco Organic Asparagus
- 1/2 a cup of chopped onions
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 a cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- Add your asparagus, chopped onions, and 1/2 cup of chicken broth into a large saucepan. Cover the saucepan and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and remove the lid to let simmer for about 12 minutes until the asparagus is tender.
- Pour the contents of the pan into a blender and puree the vegetables. Set this aside.
- Using the same sauce pan, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat, and then stir in the flour salt and pepper, and be sure to stir constantly for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the remaining chicken broth and increase the heat to medium. Stir constantly until you reach a boil.
- Next, stir in the asparagus puree and the milk into the saucepan.
- Place your 1/2 cup of sour cream in a small bowl, then add in a ladleful of the hot soup, and mix.
- After a quick mix add the sour cream/soup mixture and lemon juice into the saucepan.
- Stir while heating to serving temperature but do not bring to a boil.
- Serve and enjoy!