TIME: 1 hr
- 1. lbs fresh Ayco Farms asparagus, chopped into 2-3 inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 (4 oz) Salmon filets (with skin)
- Avocado or olive oil cooking spray (optional)
- 4 Tbsp + 1 tsp avocado oil, divided
- 1 fresh lemon, sliced into rounds
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 fresh lemon
- 1/4 cup Flat leaf/Italian Parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a large sheet pan with avocado or olive oil cooking spray.
- Toss asparagus, and red onions together with 2 Tbsp of the Avocado oil, add sea salt and pepper, then lay in a single layer on the sheet pan.
- Roast asparagus and onions in your preheated oven for about 15 minutes, then remove pan from oven.
- Rub salmon with 2 Tbsp avocado oil, fresh garlic, and lemon zest.
- Toss tomatoes with 1 tsp avocado oil.
- Arrange all ingredients evenly on the same sheet pan, including lemon slices. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper, and the chopped parsley.
- Place you sheet pan, now holding all ingredients, back into the oven for another 10-13 minutes, or just until Salmon begins to flake.
- Remove skin, serve with fresh lemon wedges.
Did You Know?
Asparagus has been cultivated for over 2,500 years and for almost 150 years in the United States.
The vegetable is low in calories and is packed with nutrients, including fiber, folate, vitamin A, C, and K.
Adding asparagus to your diet can improve digestion, help with weight loss and lower blood pressure.
This vegetable is very easy to cook and can pair really well with just about any dish.
Asparagus contains absolutely no fat or cholesterol so it’s pretty much the perfect diet food!