TIME: 1 hr
- 1 bag of Ayco farms Organic Asparagus. Trim ends and cut into 1.5-inch lengths.
- 3 small or 2 large heads of garlic
- 1 pound + 4 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup olive oil +4 garlic cloves, smashed OR ¼ cup garlic infused olive oil
- 14 ounces angel hair pasta
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut off the tops of the garlic heads. Cut a large sheet of foil and place garlic in the middle. Drizzle the tops with a liberal dousing of olive oil. Season with a little salt and pepper. Bring sides of foil up and enclose garlic so no air can escape. Roast garlic until soft, about 35-40 minutes. Can be roasted up to three days in advance.
- In a large bowl, toss asparagus, tomatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Pour onto a rimmed baking sheet. When the garlic has 25 minutes left in the oven, add the asparagus and tomatoes. Bake for 20-25 minutes until tomatoes start to burst.
- In a small saucepan combine garlic and olive oil. Turn the stove on to a low heat, cook for 15 minutes, and make sure the heat is low enough; you do not want the garlic to brown.
- Cook pasta in a large stockpot, filled with water seasoned liberally with salt.
- Transfer pasta (do not rinse) to a large serving dish. Add roasted garlic, asparagus, tomatoes, and infused olive oil. Toss together. Add ½ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Toss until incorporated. Season to taste with more salt and pepper if necessary. Serve with lots of shaved Parmesan cheese.